June 25, 2013

Trailer Breakdown: "The Counselor" Teaser Gives Us Leopards, Eyeliner, Brad Pitt's Hair, and Crazy Bardem


 A teaser for Ridley Scott's The Counselor just hit the web! Here is my brief breakdown of this 45 second clip.

Oh hey, Leopard. What's up? 
Oh nothing, just chilling out being a leopard and symbolizing wealth or power or something like. Hey ya got anything to eat?

Now the casting for Diaz's character was a little weird because (and please correct me if I'm wrong)  the role was originally going to Angelina Jolie before it went to Diaz. People were really skeptical about her playing such a "Jolie-type role" but I don't know. She's looking all kinds of femme fatal and crazy with that intense eye liner.

My favorite star, Brad Pitt's hair makes an apperance again (seriously, get his hair an agent.) Brad Pitt's a good looking guy but I think at this point in his life he's embracing his age and wrinkles. Not worrying about botoxing and trying get back to his prime. Besides, he's Brad Pitt. He can do what he wants.

Now lets all take a moment, and appreciate how good looking Michael Fassbender looks, mmkay?




Good? Got that out of your system? Great, lets continue....


 Obviously, Penelope Cruz is a gorgeous woman. She's looking very natural and makeup free, which makes me believe she's not playing her typical fiery latina. In fact, when they were announcing the cast, some thought she was going to have Diaz's part and Diaz was going to have her part.

No, really, Cameron Diaz looks like she's going to be cutting bitches.

And taking names.

And Lord, check out Javier Bardem looking crazy. From early screenings I hear he steals the show. The man is truly a chameleon.

I remeber last year I breifly skimmed the script and found it a tad confusing. Some hated it and some thought it was great and intriguing. I'm going to have to look it over again, but I will definitely put this on my must-see list.


Check Out the Trailer HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment